I am Back.....

Await & See There are Lots More to Come...

Wrestlemania XXV: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Wrestlemania XXV: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ultimate Warrior Praises ‘Taker

…Some of the good guys I’ve met are guys whose names you wouldn’t even recognize. They were lower-card guys and they were really just good people. The ring crew guys were better people than the talent. I always got along best with them and treated them with respect. One person’s name you would recognize is Owen Hart—Owen Hart was a really good guy. He had his head on straight. Jimmy Powers was a good guy.

Mark Calloway [Calaway] [Undertaker], certainly one of those deserving great respect for what he’s accomplished in the business, was a really great person. Mark is a great example, for me, of what I was mentioning just a second ago.

I was the first guy to work with him. Even though Ultimate Warrior was over as a huge baby-face, the ticket buyers dug [Undertaker’s] gimmick. I could have, with the position I had, been an a-hole and worked in unknown ways to curb that. Instead of trying to damage his gimmick though, as many in the business would have done, I embraced it and worked with him to get it over as the people wanted to have it over.

He was going to be a great talent and I was inspired by that. It made me want to better my own. Too many guys in the business spend too much time conniving ways to make someone else look worse, rather than spending that time on becoming better themselves. You asked about politics earlier—this is politics to me.

Source: http://flynnfiles.com/blog/warrior/warrior3.htm

0 comments: